Pinterest Search Tips: How to Get more Traffic for your Website.
Beginners Tips for improving Pinterest based social media ranking.
Pinterest is the major channel when it comes to getting inspiration or searching for products online for the shoppers. Pinterest is also considered on the top 10 social bookmarking sites on the Internet.
This shows how much is there in store for you to get benefitted from using Pinterest search and generate more traffic for your storefront website.
We would however in this article deal with some basic quick tips to get started with generating more traffic through Pinterest search.
Pinterest search ranking Tips for More Traffic to your website
If we get into details then their are plenty of ways to generate traffic via Pinterest. The most understandable and basic ways to do so are stated below:
10 PInterest Tips for Beginners to Get Traffic via Pinterest Search
While many marketers who employ Pinterest marketing as a part of social media will recognize this but there is a huge treasure hunt that you can do on Pinterest by employing Pinterest search.
1. Confirm Your Account
Doing so will make your profile appear on the top in profile search results. There are various other important reasons to confirm your account say for instance, preventing against any kind of frauds which may hamper the brand and reputation.
2. Name Your Profile
For a business to generate traffic on any social media site and not only Pinterest, it is important that it should include the name of the business in profile as well as in the username.
Other than that if you put a little summary or a sort of little description about your business (what you are into and likewise) alongside, that would be beneficial too.
3. Install The Official Pin It Button
Pin It button helps you by letting your pins appear in search engine result pages. It help you get more referral traffic to your site as people click on your Pins.
More the Pinners, greater are the chances of appearing in search engines. Pin It button allows your customers to save stuff they like on Pinterest that means other people can find it and Repin it.
Therefore, this is one of the fine ways for your business to get discovered on Pinterest.
4. Rank Better With Rich Pins
There are 6 types of Rich Pins: app, movie, recipe, article, product and place.
Rich pins are more informative, gives better experience and increases engagement. Rich pins add extra details to pins from your website and help you stand out compared to the other pin.
There are 3 steps involved in setting up Rich Pins:-
– Install ‘YOAST’ Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Plugin- It helps to boost your blog in search engine rankings provided it is used properly.
– Visit the rich pin validator – Any post you plug in, Just click on “Validate.”
– Apply – After validating, a message is received saying “your pin’s been validated”, click “apply now.” You are done.
5. No Irrelevant Links
Link quality is of prime importance. Make sure the content quality is high including quality image or video. The followers should not feel misled or spammed so the image or video should indicate what’s at the pin’s link.
Link quality of all the links should be checked. Remove dead links, if any. No compromise on relevancy and quality.
6. Effective Pin Description
Often over-looked but it is imperative. Try to think from the point of view of Pinners as to what they might be looking for and accordingly frame the description of the pin covering all the important areas and details of it.
It should be written in a manner that Pinners could engage themselves and try to find out more about it.
This will also lead to great search impression. Few tips for writing effective description are:-
– Description should be written in at least 300 words. Longer description receives highest number of repins.
– Include Link in the description.
– Use call to actions like ‘Please Repin’, ‘Please Like’, ”Check out the blog’ etc
– Don’t forget to put Price Tags.
– Hashtags and Keywords are important.
– Attribution (Give credit where due), Mention others as it strengthens relationship.
Hashtags are only clickable and searchable in pin description. Do not put them in username, about section or board titles. It would be pointless then.
Hashtags that are unique to your brand will do well on Pinterest. They do not work here like that on Instagram or Twitter or other social media sites.
8. Board Names Should be Creative & Well Optimized
Try to craft board names that have greater chance of getting searched by the Pinners. Innovative and right board names will get you more traffic and moreover targeted ones.
Better board names means getting ore followers, more clicks, more pins and repins.
9. Engage The Followers
Interact with your pins. Add Follow Button to your site to get more followers. Get in touch with Pinners. There is always a great potential to drive a lot of engagement on social media.
Following are the ways that help you increase engagement on Pinterest:-
– Contest & Competitions
– Add Board Contributors To Your Board.
– Running Offers And Promoting Them.
– Know Your Fans & Their Demands.
– Add Quality Images To Every Page.
– Checkout Popular Pins/ Analyze Them.
– Find The Most Shared Images And The Hand (Account/Brand) Behind It.
– Keep Eyes On Who’s Pinning, Repinning, Liking, Commenting & Tweeting Your Pins.
– Identify The Best Fans.
– Monitor Competition & Competitors.
10. Do Not Overpost
Keep The content fresh & healthy. Focus on quality more than quantity but regular posts are must. Stay active.