How Marketers Leverage WeChat for their Business and What every Small and Medium Business can Learn from it
With 600 Million monthly active users and over 1 Billion total registered users Wechat is growing giant. After what’s app with 800 Million monthly active users, Wechat is now taking over the market with its unique features and the way it is connecting the users.
Brands like Haier, Cadbury, Midday, Dominos, Bingo Snacks, HDFC Bank, etc are promoting on Wechat with their official accounts. Other brands like bajaj electrical, Morphy Richards, BBC Top Gear Magazine, clean and clear, stay free, Clear India, etc are also promoting actively on Wechat in India.
Wechat also has e-commerce stores porting themselves like Limeroad based in India is also driving benefits from this mobile app.
Have a look at the following promotional message sent during the Indian Festival Diwali:
How Wechat helps Brands and why you should use it for Business Marketing?
2. Its unique features are helping small medium businesses and big brands equally.
3. Local brands are becoming increasingly active and utilise its ‘People Nearby’ feature in Discover Option. It is getting more visibility to the restaurants, bakeries and other such businesses to make themselves aware to the customers in the vicinity.
4. Verified official WeChat accounts are great for the brands to leverage the WeChat and grow their brand.
5. WeChat QR codes promotion is another great way to market the brands to the WeChat users.
6. Discounts and offers sent through WeChat official account to the followers are good to entice consumers and drive sales.
7. WeChat also has membership functions which can convert your followers into members. This membership function helps create loyalty programs and market content to their members.
8. WeChat also enables brands to set up their mini website. They can set up their website on the WeChat account panel on their own or with the help of third-party services.
While users from all across the world are using WeChat to connect to family and friends and also utilising the sales and discount coupons being flashed here, but the Chinese consumers are already using it as a single application to chat, shop online, make online transactions, book a cab, etc.
With the increase in the number of individual to individual transactions and increasing online transactions, this is a great step to encash this opportunity.
The application allows delivering virtual money, cash withdrawals, checking transaction history etc.
In 2015 itself about one billion transactions were reported through this application.