Event Marketing Tips 2021 for Beginners for Business and Product Promotions
Event Marketing Tips to Formulate Effective Strategies for Promotions through your Events
There’s so much increase in competition in the market due to globalization that businesses, marketers and professionals are looking for different ways to engage and retain customers.
As far as event marketing is concerned, it is something where for the purpose of promoting and marketing the product, cause or other program or organization, a themed activity is designed like live events, trade shows, music festival, corporate meetings, concerts, fair, publicity stunts, award ceremonies, and others. It is basically the vent creation.
Event marketing is of great importance as it helps in brand building and creating awareness about the product when you are launching some new brand or product.
With the help of event marketing you can highlight the features of the product, what’s innovative in your product, what are the additional features newly introduced to it and so much more.
How to Make the most out of your Promotional Events? 8 Marketing Tips for Successful Promotions in Event:
Listing out some event marketing strategies that tells you how you can make the best use of these events for long term benefit and great customer engagement:-
1- Engage Directly With People
|Engage Directly with People for marketing your event|
Get in touch with customers on one to one basis. Speak to them about your product individually. Moreover interact in a quality way and teach them on the working of your product.
The best way to engage directly to customers in an event is by creating an event within an event. It could be small fun games wherein people can participate which later you can take online (in the form of video) and make it a hit.
People love to experience new things, have fun and share there fun times with others.
Therefore, they will ask their friends to go watch the video where they have been featured as a participant in certain event or games therein.
2- Put GPS To Use
Making use of GPS to track the real time happenings of the events is a great idea to be a part of event marketing strategies.
You don’t have to be present on the location to experience things in person. GPS helps you in real-time event tracking.
3- Technology For Projection
Augmented reality being the best option to be used for the purpose of project demonstration.
There are others like 3D technology which helps in giving a more natural feel today. There are brands coming up with projection mapping on buildings, H&M being one of such brands.
4- Social Networking
Social Media is a craze today. Almost every potential customer for every kind of product can be found on social media. A lot of brands are seen encouraging people to become their fans on their social media page, their site, etc.
What can be done is, you can offer reward or prize to the ones who become your fan. Promote your event on the popular social media sites and see who all are going to mark their presence at the event (via Facebook or other sites).
Then you can offer prizes like T-shirts, free parking, meeting some famous person who’s going to be a part of the event or other such offers. Generate content for your event. Make people talk about it.
5- Hire Even Marketing Experts
Hiring experts helps in making the event a success. A lot of them must be hired for looking into their respective areas where their expertise lies.
For example: For special effects people who are experts in this field and have experience of working in say movies can be hired.
6- Let Consumers Speak Honestly
Create a natural setting where you can record the natural reaction and uncensored feedbacks of customers. Like doing a ride campaign, inviting people for test drive and putting cameras inside the cars that records the reactions and feedback of riders.
This would be your content which can later be used for advertisements, videos online and can be used in a lot of other ways. Don’t fear about what negative the consumers might speak of your product. Let them be honest. Listen.
7- Bring The Technologies Together For Creative Results
Mix up the technologies, bring them together and see in what new way things can be done so as generate productive results.
Technology and creativity goes hand in hand, therefore we should try all the possible ways to think out of the box, make use of the available technologies, mash them up and see how you can get creative and solve problems in different ways.
8- Post Updates of your Event Online
Almost all the brands are there on online platforms. Customers for the same, young, adult, old all are there too.
You must create a good on-site experience. Post updates online on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. Engage the audience and come up with new contests and prizes therein.
10 Do’s and Don’ts of Event Marketing
Understanding the Facts Behind What to DO and what not to DO while Marketing your Event
If you are planning to launch your event or if you work in an event industry this article is for you. Explore the do’s and the don’ts of event marketing to increase the outcome and avoid mistakes.
When you get into Event Management field, the toughest task you would find is marketing it. You would want to get the best out of your marketing efforts.
Therefore, what you need to focus upon is your target market, the type of event you’re planning (concert, wedding, award ceremony, seminar, conference, business event, cultural or any other), the location you are going to choose for the event to take place etc.
To make your event a success, here are some tips in the form of do’s and don’ts that needs to be followed. Take a look!
Do’s of Event Marketing
1. Be clear and transparent with your audience. Do let them take a wise decision whether they want to attend the event. Facebook Advertising Tips to advertise your events.
Give them all the necessary information about the event because attendees would want to know why they should attend your event. Let them look out for the reason.
2. Do advertise on Facebook because this platform will get you connect to your ideal attendees by various factors. It could be age, location, gender, occupation or so.
Facebook ads work best here when you need to find where your target audience is. ➤ 21 things you are doing wrong with your Facebook Marketing plans.
3. Do blog about your events. Yes, blogging can be the best way to tell your audience about your event, your industry and other important aspects. Blogging is one intelligent way to market your event. Social media and blogs have proved there capabilities on generating real customers.
4. Do promote your event using videos. You don’t necessarily need to hire a professional for the purpose of making video for your event’s marketing & promotions.
Instead go for the services available like Powtoon & Event Commercials that does the work of making it possible for anyone to make a video to market their event. Videos are of great support here as they help in communicating information more effectively than any other sources.
5. Do use LinkedIn if your event is business related or educational or medical. LinkedIn is one of the best social media platforms to market such professional events as this will get you your ideal attendees you actually are looking for.
6. Do track interactions so as to ascertain the results and effectiveness of blogging and social media marketing. Use Google analytics tool to do so and see where you need to improve things.
Don’ts of Event Marketing
1. Don’t complicate things. Attendees would lose interest in your event if they find out that you’re hiding information & not being transparent or if you’re forcing registration Make things easier for the attendees & letting them get full information on your event without much a do.
2.Don’t spam your audience. Nobody likes to get spammed be it on social media or mails or other platforms. Go easy on posts, emails & do not send them in bulk or repeatedly you might end up losing them.
3. Don’t select a social media platform where you don’t have your target audience. It would be a waste of time & efforts. Select a social media to promote your event depending upon the kind of event & not just randomly start promoting anywhere on wrong social media platform. Make your efforts count.
4. Don’t market to just anyone or everyone. For instance; if your event is for medical students/professionals, you must not market the event to law or engineering professionals in such a case. Know your event type & market to your target audience. Select your niche & focus on them.